Monday, February 23, 2015

Amazon Ads, part 2

First, I'm going to start with this:

Data Inaccurate

Metrics data is currently reporting inaccurately. Data for your campaigns will be available in full when this issue is resolved.
 
 
This is what's appearing at the top of my campaign page right now, and other people are saying the same.  We're wondering if this might have something to do with the magically resetting stats which make it impossible to track your clickthrough rate.  I'm hoping this is the case, because I need to know at least somewhat how effective my targets are.  But I've seen my impressions bounce from 10, to mid-60s, to low-20s, and now back up to the 80s.

Which is still absurdly low.  But I went around checking out what books are being promoted where, and I'm finding the most ridiculous targeting I've ever seen.  Since I'm targeting Sky Treader to a bunch of Thor comics, figuring people who like Thor will probably be into fiction about Norse deities, I went clicking around the titles I'm targeting.  And I'm finding everything from Gothic romance to bizarre plays about hair... or something.  I'm wondering if these people are targeting by category, and then selecting every single available category.  Because while I'm sure there is some overlap between Thor and Gothic romance, people probably aren't going to go looking for Thor and then suddenly change their minds about what they want.

I've been seeing this everywhere too.  Even on the books within my genre, I'm seeing the most random things being promoted.  


Right now, the low impression rate isn't bothering me, because it's nothing out of pocket.  But I'm looking forward to see where it winds up later this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment