Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Amazon Ads, part 3

The message from my last post is gone, and even better, my stats are now steadily rising, instead of bouncing all over the place.  It actually got fixed a few hours after my last post, but I wanted to hold off and see if it stayed fix.  Which it seems to have done.

With it being fixed, I've been able to work on my targeting a bit more.  Now that I have somewhat accurate data (it still only seems to update once every 12 hours), I've been able to fiddle with my targeting a bit more.  I spent about 20 minutes yesterday adding more products to my list, and have already seen results.  This time yesterday, it showed just over 400 impressions. Since going through and changing my targets, I've got just under 1200 impressions, and one click (still no sales, but I wouldn't expect a sale off of the first click).

What I find interesting is this campaign started the same day I began promoting listings on Etsy, and the impressions on both sites seem to be fairly close to one another.  It's just a strange coincidence that has nothing to do with anything, but it gives me a bit of a benchmark.  Amazon is a much bigger search engine than Etsy, but I'm also bidding a little higher for a few of my Etsy listings.  I'm kind of wondering how long they'll stay at similar ranges, and when one of them will finally overtake the other.  In a strange way, I almost expect Etsy to out-perform Amazon, but we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment