Friday, March 6, 2015

Bad Business: BlueHost

My current web hosting is crap, and I've been looking into transferring my domain elsewhere.  I had every intention on doing that tonight, but one wrong decision has ruined my night and made me sick. 

When I clicked on BlueHost, it was because it was on a list of hosts recommended by WordPress.  I went through, and the pricing and products looked good, so I ordered the smallest package, since I don't need much.  It was going to be $3 a month, paid in advance for a year.  And since I already have the domain name, that was an added savings right there.

So when I purchased it and went to initiate the transfer, I got blocked because my account wasn't verified.  Well, I thought.  I'd gone through all the hoops, hadn't I?  I checked my email to make sure there wasn't a link I missed clicking on somewhere.  But no.  I have to phone them to verify my account.  And they're nine-to-five, so I couldn't even do that.  I was kind of annoyed, and went digging through the options to see what else I could even do without verifying my account (answer: nothing).  And that's when I saw that instead of being billed $36, I was billed over $230.  Because not only did they charge me for extra time I did not order, but they added on extra packages I did not order.  Packages I specifically opted out of. 

And I can't even cancel, because they're not open.  I feel so sick right out.  I can't remember the last time I've been taken advantage of so thoroughly.  First thing in the morning, I'm calling and speaking with someone's supervisor, and I am not hanging up until I get a full refund.  I was willing to deal with being jerked around with the verification, but I will not do business with this company ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment